- ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINER PACKAGE
- Analog Display
- Manual Adjustable Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
- 2 Seatback Storage Pockets
- Engine Immobilizer
- Perimeter Alarm
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets
- Air Filtration
- 2 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Lane Departure Alert (lda) w/Steering Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Departure Alert (lda) w/Steering Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) Blind Spot Sensor
- Pre-Collision System (pcs) Forward Collision and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (rcta) Rear Collision
- Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st 2nd And 3rd Row AirbagsAirbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag and Passenger Cushion Front Airbag
- Rear Child Safety Locks
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts -inc: Height Adjusters and Pretensioners
The base model LE trim comes with a 2.7L 4-cylinder engine with 185 horsepower, it can be upgraded to the 6-cylinder engine for added power. In this guise, the Highlander is rated at 20 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. All the other trims from with a 3.5L V6 with 295 horsepower while the top of the line hybrid uses an electric motor in conjunction with a V6 to make 231 horsepower. The hybrid Highlander returns 30 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway, extremely impressive numbers for a vehicle equipped with third-row seating. The Highlander comes standard in front-wheel drive, though all-wheel drive is an option for those who need it.
There are six trim levels offered on the 2017 Toyota Highlander: LE, LE Plus, XLE, SE, Limited and Limited Platinum trim levels
LE is the most basic trim, and is the only trim to feature the smaller 4-cylinder engine. However, it still comes loaded with 18-inch wheels, an Entune stereo with a 6.1-inch touchscreen, a backup camera, Bluetooth streaming, heated mirrors, 5 USB ports and third-row seating.
Stepping up to LE Plus adds several desirable items. Highlights include a height-adjustable power rear liftgate, a 10-way power adjustable driver's seat, satellite HD radio, 3-zone automatic climate control, fog lamps and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
The XLE trim includes a smart key and push-button start, leather seating surfaces, heated front seats, roof rails to help secure extra luggage, rear window shades, an 8-inch touch screen, HomeLink, a navigation system and a moonroof.
The top-spec Limited trim offers 19-inch wheels, LED daytime running lights, various parking aids and a blind-spot monitor, perforated leather seating, heated and cooled front seats, and a powered passenger seat. The Limited Highlanders are also the only trim that can be equipped with the optional hybrid powertrain.
Options include an LE Plus, a Technology package that includes radar-controlled cruise control, a Lane Departure system and automatically dimming high beams; as well as a Limited Platinum package, which includes everything in the technology package along with a heated steering wheel, heated second-row seats, rain sensing windshield wipers and a panoramic moonroof. A Rear Seat Entertainment system is also optional.
Safety is aided by anti-lock brakes, stability control and traction control, as well as optional items like a blind-spot monitor. Of course, should an accident occur, the Highlander is equipped with eight airbags to help minimize any possible damage to its occupants.
Going into 2017, the Toyota Highlander receives a significant number of changes including a new grille, a direct-injected V6 backed by an 8-speed automatic transmission, and every trim level now comes standard with the Toyota Safety Sense bundle of accident-avoidance technologies. These include a forward-collision warning and automatic-braking system that can detect both cars and pedestrians. Other features include lane-departure warning and steering assist, automatic high beams and adaptive cruise control. Another key update is the addition of four extra USB ports.